PhD degree – Trial Lecture and Public Defence
Yibeltal Tebikew Wassie will defend his PhD thesis "Effects of access to renewable energy sources and technologies on rural household energy use and the environment in Ethiopia”, on 4 November 2020.
Norwegian title of thesis
"Effekter av tilgang til fornybare energikilder og teknologi på rurale husholdningers energiforbruk og på miljøet i Etiopia"
Prescribed subject of the trial lecture
"Policy measures for small-scale renewable energy technologies in rural sub-Saharan Africa: experiences, barriers, opportunities and recommendations"
Time and place for the trial lecture and the public defence
Wednesday 4 November 2020, at 12.15.
This public defense will be held partly in digital form since physical presence is hindered as a result of the Corona situation. The disputation can be attended by using the following link in Zoom: https://nmbu.zoom.us/j/64569754662
All are welcome to attend the digital meeting, but please read the guidelines below before you open the link. This is to make sure that the disputation can be held without too much interruptions and noise.
First opponent: Dr. Beatrice Darko Obiri, CSIR− College of Science and Technology, Ghana
Second opponent: Dr. Kirsten Ulsrud, University of Oslo, Norway
Committee coordinator: Dr. Per Kristian Rørstad (MINA, NMBU)
Main supervisor: Professor Muyiwa Samuel Adaramola
Co-supervisor: Dr. Meley Mekonen Rannestad
Co-supervisor: Dr. Abebe Damte Beyene, Ethiopian Development Research Institute (EDRI), Ethiopia
Guidelines for attendance
- Do not use camera.
- Mute your microphone.
- In Zoom you will first be placed in the waiting room. Please introduce yourself with your name, rather than with your IP address or computer name.
- If anyone has a question and wants to oppose ‘ex auditorio’, please write in the chat window of Zoom (1) “XY (your name) has a question" and (2) the question in brief. The chair of the defense will evaluate whether your question is opportune, and you will be given the word after the two opponents have concluded.
- When you are being given the word, you switch on your microphone and camera. Ensure briefly whether you are being heard.
- We advise you to test your own equipment before attending.
- The chat is not be used for general discussions.
The doctoral thesis is available for public review. For those of you who want access to the thesis in pdf-form, please send an email to Ole Wiggo Røstad – email@example.com