Mahdieh Tourani, Faculty of Environmental Sciences and Natural Resource Management (MINA) will defend her PhD thesis "Leveraging non-invasive monitoring of carnivores using hierarchical models", on 25 September, 2020.
PhD degree – Trial Lecture and Public Defence
Mahdieh Tourani will defend her PhD thesis "Leveraging non-invasive monitoring of carnivores using hierarchical models", on 25 September, 2020.
Norwegian title of thesis:
Utvikling av ikke-invasiv overvåking av rovdyr ved hjelp av hierarkiske modeller.
Prescribed subject of the trial lecture:
Scaling of home range sizes in mammals: causes, consequences and estimation.
Time for the trial lecture
Thursday 24 September, 2020, at 15.00
Follow online via zoom here: https://nmbu.zoom.us/j/68971290016
Time for the public defence
Friday 25 September, 2020, at 15.00
Follow online via zoom here: https://nmbu.zoom.us/j/68013088894
This public defense will be held partly in digital form since physical presence is hindered as a result of the Corona situation.
All are welcome to attend the digital meeting, but please read guidelines below before you open the link. This to make sure that the disputation can be held without too much interruptions and noise.
First opponent: Associate Professor, PhD, Beth Gardner, University of Washington, USA
Second opponent: Senior Research Scientist and Professor, PhD, Erlend Birkeland Nilsen, Norwegian Institute for Nature Research (NINA) and Nord University, Norway
Committee coordinator: Professor, PhD, Leif Egil Loe (MINA, NMBU)
Main supervisor: Professor, PhD, Richard Bischof
Co-supervisor: Senior Research Scientist Olivier Gimenez (Centre for Functional and Evolutionary Ecology, University Montpellier, France)
Co-supervisor: Assistant Professor Muhammad Ali Nawaz (Quaid-i-Azam University, Pakistan)
Guidelines for attendance
- Do not use camera.
- Mute your microphone.
- In Zoom you will first be placed in the waiting room. Please introduce yourself with your name, rather than with your IP address or computer name.
- If anyone has a question and wants to oppose ‘ex auditorio’, please write in the chat window of Zoom (1) “XY (your name) has a question" and (2) the question in brief. The chair of the defense will evaluate whether your question is opportune, and you will be given the word after the two opponents have concluded.
- When you are being given the word, you switch on your microphone and camera. Ensure briefly whether you are being heard.
- We advise you to test your own equipment before attending.
- The chat is not be used for general discussions.
The doctoral thesis is available for public review. For those of you who want access to the thesis in pdf-form, please send an email to Ole Wiggo Røstad – firstname.lastname@example.org