SoDoC was established on February 1st, 2016 when the Phd student organizations at Campus Ås, FODOS (founded Feb 26th, 2003), and at Campus Adamstua, DIOV, merged.
The purpose of SoDoC is to secure the interests of PhD candidates at NMBU. The organization handles issues of common interest to doctoral candidates as a group.
The Society primarily focuses on:
- Study conditions and professional interests
- Economic interests
- Social benefits
- Rights and duties at the University
- Research ethics and issues
- Regarding science and society
- Social events for improved contact
All registered Ph.D. candidates at NMBU are de facto members of SoDoC. Members are free to join relevant trade unions and promote doctoral issues through these forums as well.