SoDoC was established on 1 February 2016. The purpose of SoDoC is to secure the interests of PhD candidates as well as postdoctoral researchers at NMBU. The organization handles issues of common interest these groups.
- Study conditions and professional interests
- Economic interests
- Social benefits
- Rights and duties at the University
- Research ethics and issues
- Regarding science and society
- Social events for improved contact
All registered PhD candidates and post docs at NMBU may become members of SoDoC. Members are free to join relevant trade unions and promote doctoral issues through these forums as well.
SoDoc has a board consisting of a leader, a social leader, an academic leader, a treasurer, a scretary and a webmaster. The board are elected on the yearlt annual meeting, and get a cash compensation according to the following regulations.