SoDoC was established on 1 February 2016 when the Phd student organizations at Campus Ås, FODOS (founded 26 Feb 2003), and at Campus Adamstua, DIOV, merged.
The purpose of SoDoC is to secure the interests of PhD candidates at NMBU. The organization handles issues of common interest to doctoral candidates as a group.
The Society primarily focuses on:
- Study conditions and professional interests
- Economic interests
- Social benefits
- Rights and duties at the University
- Research ethics and issues
- Regarding science and society
- Social events for improved contact
All registered PhD candidates and postdocs at NMBU may become members of SoDoC. Members are free to join relevant trade unions and promote doctoral issues through these forums as well.