If you have made a new invention or discovery within your research and/or field of expertise the NMBU Technology Transfer Office can assist you in finding the optimal plan for commercialization and protection of the idea.
We offer the following services:
Generating and screening ideas:
Identification and screening of research ideas to evaluate their market potential.
- IPR (Intellectual Property Rights) and patent evaluation.
- Business plan development, project development of your idea.
- Verification of technology and proof of concept.
- Initial market assessments.
- Preparing for technology licensing.
As an NMBU employee you are required to report all work results of commercial value. Should you be in doubt as to whether part or all of the results have commercial value, the question must be presented to your employer and the "disclosure of invention form" must be submitted to the Technology Transfer Office.