PhD degree – Trial Lecture and Public Defence
“Participant Experiences in Wildlife Watching Tourism”
"Deltakernes opplevelser med viltkikkingsturisme"
Prescribed subject of the trial lecture
"How can Human Dimensions research be used to progress more sustainable management, marketing and development policies in wildlife tourism?"
Time and place for the trial lecture and the public defence
Wednesday 7 July 2021, at 15.00
This public defense will be held partly in digital form since physical presence is hindered as a consequence of the Covid-19. The disputation can be attended by using the following link in Zoom: https://nmbu.zoom.us/j/69064441537
All are welcome to attend the digital meeting, but please read the guidelines below before you open the link. This is to make sure that the disputation can be held without interruptions.
First opponent: Dr. Susanna Curtin
Second opponent: Professor Jerry Vaske, Colorado State University
Committee coordinator: Researcher Per Kristian Rørstad, NMBU
Main supervisor: Associate Professor Stian Stensland
Co-supervisors: Professor Peter Fredman, MINA, NMBU, Professor Øystein Aas, MINA, NMBU
Guidelines for attending
- Do not use camera.
- Mute your microphone.
- In Zoom you will first be placed in the waiting room. Please introduce yourself with your name, rather than with your IP address or computer name.
- If anyone has a question and wants to oppose ‘ex auditorio’, please write in the chat window of Zoom (1) “XY (your name) has a question" and (2) the question in brief. The chair of the defence will evaluate whether your question is opportune, and you will be given the word after the two opponents have concluded.
- When you are being given the word, you switch on your microphone and camera. Ensure briefly whether you are being heard.
- We advise you to test your own equipment before attending.
- The chat is not be used for general discussions.
The doctoral thesis is available for public review. For those of you who want access to the thesis in pdf-form, please send an email to Ole Wiggo Røstad – email@example.com.