PhD degree - Trial Lecture and Public Defense
Zoe Fretheim-Kelly, Department of Companion Animal Clinical Sciences (SportFaMed), Faculty of Veterinary Medicine will defend her PhD thesis "From horses to humans: A comparative study developing the first protocol for measuring upper airway pressures in exercising humans." on 16 September 2021.
English title of thesis
"From horses to humans: A comparative study developing the first protocol for measuring upper airway pressures in exercising humans."
Norwegian title of thesis
"Fra hest til mennesker: En komparativ studie om utvikling av første protokoll for å måle luftveistrykk hos mennesker under anstrengelse"
Prescribed subject of the trial lecture
“Cardio-respiratory responses to exercise in health and disease: a comparison between human and equine athletes”
Date: 16 September 2021 (Oslo time)
- 0900hrs: Trial lecture
- 0945hrs: Break
- 1015hrs: Public defense
- Auditorium Hippocampus (upon successful registration and confirmation)
- Zoom: https://nmbu.zoom.us/j/66858681454?pwd=OGNnYXFrUXlSQ1hZR2dnQjZ5SUxMdz09
Due to restrictions related to the Covid-19 pandemic, a limited number of people are allowed in the physical venue of the public defense. IThose who have secured a spot will receive an email confirmation from us on September 13th.
Alternatively, you may attend the trial lecture and public defense via Zoom. Here are the guidelines:
- Test your equipment and internet connection prior to the public defense
- Keep your audio and video off at all times
- If anyone wishes to oppose the candidate Ex Auditorio, please send us a direct message in the Zoom chat BEFORE the 1st opponent finishes his or her opposition.
- Should you have any questions or experience any technical issues, please send us direct message in the Zoom chat.
First opponent: Associate Professor Samantha Franklin, University of Adelaide, Australia
Second opponent: Professor John Dickinson, University of Kent, United Kingdom
Committee coordinator: Professor Lars Moe, NMBU, Norway
Main supervisor: Professor Eric Strand, NMBU, Norway
Co-supervisor: Professor John-Helge Heimdal, Haukeland University Hospital, Norway
Co-supervisor: Professor Ola Drange Røksund, Høgskulen på Vestlandet, Norway
Co-supervisor: Associate Professor Constanze Fintl, NMBU, Norway
Co-supervisor: Professor Thomas Halvorsen, Haukeland University Hospital, Norway
The doctoral thesis is available for public review. For those who would like to have access to the thesis please send an e-mail to: email@example.com.
Name of PhD candidate: Zoe Fretheim-Kelly; Thesis number 2021:44, ISSN 1894-6402, ISBN 978-82-575-1814-1.