Erlend Grenager Sørmo (Fakultet for miljøvitenskap og naturforvaltning) forsvarer sin ph.d.-avhandling "Effekten av pyrolyse på miljøgifter i organisk avfall og egnetheten til de resulterende biokullene som sorbenter for PFAS" tirsdag den 12. desember, 2023.
PhD degree – Trial Lecture and Public Defence
English title of thesis:
“The impact of pyrolysis on diverse contaminants in organic waste and the suitability of the resulting biochars as sorbents for PFAS”
Norwegian title of thesis:
"Effekten av pyrolyse på miljøgifter i organisk avfall og egnetheten til de resulterende biokullene som sorbenter for PFAS"
Prescribed subject of the trial lecture:
"Treatment options for sewage sludge with unknown emerging contaminants - Environmental comparison of direct land application, incineration, pyrolysis, and hydrothermal carbonisation routes"
Time and place for the trial lecture and public defence:
Tuesday 12 December 2023, at 12.15 at Festsalen, Clock Building
The disputation can be attended by using the following link in Zoom: https://nmbu.zoom.us/j/62420064026
All are welcome to attend, either physically or digitally, but please read the guidelines below before you open the link. This is to make sure that the disputation can be held without interruptions and noise.
First opponent: Professor Hans Christian Bruun Hansen, (University of Copenhagen, Denmark)
Second opponent: Dr. Christian Würzer (The University of Edinburgh, Scotland)
Committee coordinator: Professor Helen French, NMBU/MINA
Main supervisor: Professor Gerard Cornelissen (NMBU).
Co-supervisor(s): Professor Åsgeir Almås (NMBU) and Professor Hans Peter Arp (Norwegian University of Science and Technology, NTNU)
Guidelines for digital attendance:
- Do not use the camera.
- Mute your microphone.
- In Zoom you will first be placed in the waiting room. Please introduce yourself with your name, rather than with your IP address or computer name.
- If anyone has a question and wants to oppose ‘ex auditorio’, please write in the chat window of Zoom (1) “XY (your name) has a question" and (2) the question in brief. The chair of the defense will evaluate whether your question is opportune, and you will be given the word after the two opponents have concluded.
- When you are being given the word, you switch on your microphone and camera. Ensure briefly whether you are being heard.
- We advise you to test your own equipment before attending.
- The chat is not to be used for general discussions.
The doctoral thesis is available for public review. For those of you who want access to the thesis in pdf-form, please send an email to Brage Monsen – firstname.lastname@example.org.