- You have to fill in the progress report (NMBU 2.1 Progress report for PhD candidate - VET) and send it electronically to the PhD advisors (email@example.com) within 15 January every calendar year.
- The PhD advisors register the report in P360 and notify your Head of Department.
- The Head of Department reads the report. Difficult cases will be discussed at the faculty level.
- The PhD advisors contact you (if relevant).
Changes in contract period
Candidates employed as a doctoral research fellow (Ph.d.-stipendiat) at NMBU
- If you wish to make any changes to the contract period, consult your main supervisor and thereafter contact your Head of Department.
- Head of Department and HR team evaluate your application and and make a recommentation to the employment committee at the Faculty.
- HR team inform you and the PhD advisors about the result (to ensure the consistency between the employment relationship and the lengh of the PhD study).
- PhD advisors register the change in the student system FS.
- If you wish to make any changes to the contract period, complete NMBU 2.2.1 Changes contract period and upload documentation of support from your main supervisor and employer (if relevant).
- Your application is evaluated at the PhD programme committee meeting.
- PhD advisors inform you of the result and register the change in the student system FS.
- If you encounter technical problems with the digital form, you may complete the old FORM 2.1.2 and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org along with all documentation.
Changes to the supervisory team
- If you wish to make changes to the supervisory team, complete the form NMBU 2.2.3 Changes supervisory team in coopertation with your supervisor and submit it to the PhD advisors (email@example.com).
- The application is reviewed by the PhD Program Committee (VET).
- PhD advisors notify you and your supervisors of the application result.
- You enroll for courses in NMBU Studentweb or by contacting the Student information center (SiT).
- Mandatory PhD courses at the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine are VET400 Introduction to biomedical research, VET420 Midterm course and VET421 Midterm evaluation.
- All PhD courses at the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine start with the code VET4(...).
- If you wish to make changes to the education plan, complete the form NMBU 2.2.2 Changes required coursework component and send it to the PhD advisors. This must be done before the course is completed, and within the deadline (you can find information about the dates at https://www.nmbu.no/fakultet/vet/om/phd )
- If you have questions about PhD Courses at NMBU Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, please contact the PhD advisors (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- You must present your PhD project at an introductory seminar within six months after start up.
- The main supervisor facilitates this seminar.
- Please remember to include the completed introductory seminar in the progress report.
- You register for the courses VET420 Midterm course and VET 421 Midterm evaluation in NMBU Studentweb.
- The main supervisor fills in NMBU 2.4 Midway assessment - VET and send the form back to you and the PhD advisors after the evaluation.
- Your supervisor and Head of Department are responsible for arranging the final seminar before you hold the trial lecture and public defense.
Approval of completed coursework
- If the educational component differs from your original (and approved) education plan, you will have to apply for changes in the coursework by submitting the form NMBU 2.2.2 Changes required coursework component to the PhD advisors (email@example.com) before you take the courses in question.
- Before submitting your thesis for evaluation, you have to apply for the approval of completed coursework. Complete NMBU 3.2 Application for approval of completed coursework and send it to the PhD advisors (firstname.lastname@example.org) along with documentation for all external courses and presentations. You do not need submit documentation for courses completed at NMBU.