The PhD Contract
NMBU 1.2 PhD contract must be signed by the PhD candidate, the supervisors, the department and any external parties involved, and submitted to email@example.com. The PhD contract regulates the parties' rights and obligations within the contract period and mentions, among other things, funding, supervision, reporting, publication and ownership of results.
If you have been appointed as a research fellow at NMBU, you must sign a separate contract of employment with the university.
Change in PhD contract period
Candidates employed as a doctoral research fellow (Ph.d.-stipendiat) at NMBU
- If you wish to make any changes to the contract period, consult your main supervisor and thereafter contact your Head of Department.
- Head of Department and HR team evaluate your application and and make a recommentation to the employment committee at the Faculty.
- HR team inform you and the PhD advisors about the result (to ensure the consistency between the employment relationship and the lengh of the PhD study).
- PhD advisors register the change in the student system FS.
- If you wish to make any changes to the contract period, complete NBMU 2.2 PhD changes - VET and upload documentation of support from your main supervisor and employer (if relevant).
- Your application is evaluated at the PhD programme committee meeting.
- PhD advisors inform you of the result and register the change in the student system FS.
- If you encounter technical problems with the digital form, you may complete the old FORM 2.1.2 and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org along with all documentation.