Master of Science in Economics program consists of 120 ECTS, where 50 ECTS are mandatory and 30 ECTS is master thesis. In addition, student may choose between the following five specializations:
• Environment and Resource Economics
• Development and International Economics
• Energy Economics
• Financial Economics
• Trade and Commodity Markets
In order to get a specialization students must choose at least 30 ECTS within specific specialization. Students are not obliged to choose specialization. It is possible to have an open specialization where students can choose courses throughout all specializations.
The remaining 10 ECTS are elective and may be chosen among other courses at NMBU at 200- or 300- level or from a list of eligible 100-level courses.
• Courses at the School of Economics and Business (English)
• Courses at NMBU (English)
|Year 1||Year 2|
M30-ECON Master Thesis (30)
*ECN201 Econometrics or the equivalent is a prerequisite for ECN301 and should be taken before ECN301. Thus, for those that do not have ECN201 or the equivalent; ECN301 should be taken in the Autumn in Year 2.
Structure of the programme for earlier years:
• Programme plan (2015/2016)
• Programme plan (2013/2014)
• Programme plan (2012/2013)
• The hanbook of study at the School of Economcis and Business