|Course Participant Category||Course Fee||Meals||Comment|
|NOVA - PhD student*||0 euro||For the courses in 2015-2018: Covered by the NOVA grant by maximum 30 euro/ day / student||Maximum up to 25 NOVA students|
|NOVA - Master's student||0 euro||For the courses in 2015-2018: Covered by the NOVA grant by maximum 30 euro/ day / student||Master's student accepted if judged qualified by course team|
|Other Nordic - non-NOVA student||Minimum 200 euro||Charged by course team||Amount decided by course team|
|BOVA - PhD student||0 euro||Charged by course team|
|BOVA - Master's student||0 euro||Charged by course team||Mater's student accepted if judged qualified by course team|
|Other: (includes: BOVA - other, other Baltic - PhD student, low income countries - PhD student, other countries - PhD student, other - non-PhD student, industry/institutes)||Minimum 200 euro||Charged by course team||Amount decided by course team|
Accommodation and meals
NOVA does no longer support accommodation for any students attending NOVA PhD courses. Accomodation for all students and meals for non-NOVA students are handled / charged separately by the course organization and should not be included in any accounting to NOVA.
NOVA PhD courses applied for before 1 January 2015:
Course fees shall be charged by the course organisation and shall be treated as an income, must be reported and deducted from the final disbursement.
NOVA PhD courses applied for from 1 January 2015:
Course fees shall be charged by the course organisation and shall be treated as an income, must be reported and 50% of the fees must be deducted from the final disbursement.
*Please note that veterinary students enrolled in residency programmes in the international and national specialization programmes are considered equal to veterinary PhD students.
- Students registered at one of the NOVA member institutions are NOVA students. Exception: not all the students of Aarhus University belong to NOVA.
- NB! University of Copenhagen, Faculty of Science ceased to be a NOVA member from 1 January 2017. NOVA will apply flexibility concerning scheduled courses for 2017 and students enrolled for these courses regarding the students' status as NOVA students.
- NB! University of Copenhagen, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences ceased to be a NOVA member from 1 January 2016.
- Below is a comprehensive list of the units /students of Aarhus University belonging to NOVA, as well as a list of the units/ students of the University of Copenhagen, Faculty of Science that used to belong to NOVA prior to 1 January 2017.
- All the students of Aarhus or Copenhagen universities, who are NOT registered in one of these units, must be identified as "other Nordic non-NOVA students". They must be charged a course fee of minimum 200 euro and for meals by the course team.
List of NOVA units
AARHUS UNIVERSITY Science and Technology - NOVA STUDENTS
Dept of Agroecology - Sections
- Agricultural Systems and Sustainability
- Climate and Water
- Crop Health
- Enthomology and Plant Pathology
- Soil Fertility
- Soil Physics and Hydropedology
Dept of Molecular Biology and Genetics - Centers/sections
- Centre for Quantitative Genetics and Genomics
- Molecular Genetics
- Crop Genetics and Biotechnology
Dept of Food Science - Science teams
- Plant, Food & Sustainability
- Plant, Food & Climate
- Differentiated & Biofunctional Foods
- Food Chemistry & Technology
- Food, Metabolomics & Sensory Science
Dept of Animal Science – Research Units
- Behaviour and stress biology
- Epidemiology and management
- Reproductive biology
- Animal nutrition and environmental impact
- Immunology and microbiology
- Integrative physiology
- Molecular nutrition and cell biology
Dept of Engineering - Sections
- Biological and Chemical Engineering
UNIVERSITY OF COPENHAGEN, Faculty of Science (ceased to be a NOVA member from 1 January 2017)
NOVA will apply flexibility concerning scheduled courses for 2017 and students enrolled for these courses regarding the students' status as NOVA students.
BSc students of
- Food and Nutrition (Fødevarer og ernæring)
- Animal Science (Husdyrvidenskab)
- Agricultural Economics (Jordbrugsøkonomi)
- Landscape Architecture (Landskabsarkitektur)
- Natural Resources (Naturressourcer)
MSc students of
- Agricultural Development
- Agricultural Economics
- Environmental and Natural Resource Economics
- Food Science and Technology
- Forest and Nature Management
- Landscape Architecture
PhD students of
- Department of Food Science
- Department of Plant and Environmental Sciences
- Department of Food and Resource Economics
- Department of Geosciences and Natural Resource Management, with the exception of the geologists/geographers