Why take a NOVA course?
- NOVA provides high quality, international level education. Courses are planned, run and taught by a group of leading Nordic teachers and researchers. The teaching is based on the latest scientific results using adequate teaching methods.
- A NOVA course will give you international experience and good networking possibilities with students and teachers in your field. Courses are in general intensive courses and are held in one of the Nordic or Baltic countries. Course participants are Nordic and other international students.
- NOVA offers PhD and Master’s courses. Master’s students may inquire vacancy for PhD courses from the contact listed on the course’s NOVA webpage.
- As a NOVA or a BOVA student, you do not pay any course fee. To check if you are a NOVA student, please see this link. *
- NOVA PhD students normally apply for coverage of accommodation and travel from their home university or other sources. On the NOVA course information web page, it is registered whether and by how much students must pay for accommodation and meals.**
- NOVA Master’s students can apply for coverage of travel and living costs from Nordplus.
- The course leader/institution offering the course handles the admission. Please see information on the course’s NOVA webpage.
- There is a local NOVA coordinator at your institution who can help you with information on NOVA.
- The NOVA Student Board (NSB) assembles PhD students from all member universities. NOVA students are represented on the NOVA Board.
* Please note that not all of the students/study programmes of Aarhus University belong to NOVA.
** Non-NOVA students are welcome on NOVA PhD courses if place is available, but may be charged a course fee and for meals and accommodation. Students from any of the BOVA members are relieved from course fee.