To apply for special arrangements - please contact us at the disability and special needs office
Examples of special arrangements during exams
- Extended time during exams
- Use of PC during exams (cannot be granted for all courses)
- Breaks during exam to breast feed babies
- Soft pen/pencil
- Your own examination room
- Oral examination (instead of written, cannot be granted for all courses)
- Written examination (instead of oral, cannot be granted for all courses)
- Special chairs, rising and lowering table
- Wheelchair users and students with mobility disabilities: examination will take place in rooms with wheelchair access.
- Special tools for students with visual impairment
Extended examination time for written examinations and tests cf. Academic Regulations for NMBU
For written examinations, the following extensions are granted:
- 15 extra minutes are granted for examinations lasting up to 1.5 hour
- 20 extra minutes are granted for examinations lasting between 1.5 and 2 hours
- 30 extra minutes are granted for examinations lasting between 2 and 4 hours
- 1 extra hour is granted for examinations lasting more than 4 hours
For home examinations, the following extensions are granted:
- Examinations lasting 24 hours or longer: 3 hours extra.
- Examinations lasting 36 hours or longer: 5 hours extra.
- Examinations lasting 48 hours or longer: 7 hours extra.
- Exams lasting longer than 24 hours: 3 hours extra