Requirements for going on exhange
- You have to have 60 study points before you go abroad.
- You have to be registered for the semester and have paid your semester fee to NMBU.
- The exchange must last at least three months, but it is recommended to be away for one or two semesters.
- Your study plan while abroad must be approved as part of your degree at NMBU. You must get a pre-acceptance of the proposed study program at your faculty before going on exchange.
- NMBU recommends a minimum average of C to apply for exchange. Contact SiT (Student Information Centre) at NMBU if you have any doubts.
The application process
- Submit the form application for exchange by the given deadline.
- Processing time is approx. four weeks. You will receive the response regarding which university you are nominated for by e-mail.
- You must apply to the host university within their local deadlines.
- Pre-approval of courses must be sought from the student advisor in your faculty. Erasmus students must use Learning Agreement to apply for pre-approval of courses. Application form for pre-approval for everybody else is avaliable under forms and template.
- Remember semester registration and payment of the semster fee to NMBU while on exchange.
Regardless of whether you are traveling through an exchange program like Erasmus+ or not: Make sure to start the process early! There are many deadlines to adhere to, and the most popular exchange agreements will go first. You are welcome to SiT in the Clock Building for a friendly chat about exchange!