Traineeships during your studies
- It is possible to go on a traineeship through Erasmus+ for up to 12 months per study level (BA/MA/Ph.D.). If you have previously spent an entire year of exchange through Erasmus+ at the same level of study that you are currently applying for, you cannot apply for a new Erasmus exchange. This applies even if the previous exchange/practice was through an institution other than NMBU.
- You must be a student in a NMBU study program when you apply for a traineeship.
- The traineeship must be approved as part of your degree at NMBU.
- You must have passed 60 credits by the time of departure.
- Minimum length of stay for traineeships is 2 months (60 days)
- A three-party practice agreement (Learning Agreement for Traineeships) must be completed and signed by the student, a representative from the faculty at NMBU (most often a study advisor) and employer. The agreement will ensure that the traineeship will be approved as part of the study program at NMBU.
You must either find the traineeship yourself or in consultation with your department/faculty at NMBU. With few exceptions, the departments/faculties at NMBU do not have agreements with external partners to send their students out on Erasmus traineeships.
We have an ongoing deadline for applying for Erasmus + internships and scholarships: The application must be a completed Learning Agreement for Traineeships. Alternatively, another agreement between the student, study program and employer, and the department/faculty must sign the agreement and thus confirm that they approve the traineeship.
For the academic year 2019-2020, the rates for traineeships are:
- € 660 per month in Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Ireland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Sweden and the United Kingdom
- € 610 per month in the other program countries
Traineeships after graduation
Prerequisites for applying for an Erasmus+ scholarship for a post-graduate traineeship:
- You must have been a student in a program of study at NMBU, and you must have registered your interest at the department or faculty to conduct the traineeship during the last semester before submitting your final thesis at the Bachelor or Master level.
In addition, make sure to:
- Present the traineeship in such a way that it can easily be approved by the faculty.
- Be adequately insured - we recommend ANSA, which covers what is required for this type of stay.
- Pay the semester fee.
- Submit the report after your stay.
- The minimum length of stay for the internship is 2 months (60 days).
- A three-party learning agreement (docx) must be completed and signed before submitting your final bachelor- or master thesis.