As a general rule, the faculty is responsible for arranging all partial exams and examinations that are conducted during the teaching period. But the Exam Office in the Department of Academic Affairs firstname.lastname@example.org can assist.
When arranging av digital test/exam during the teaching period, at home or at campus, please contact the Department of Academic Affairs’ examination office email@example.com for assistance, regardless of number of students
When arranging av examination during the teaching periode the course responsible must remember:
- When less than 20 students are taking the test/examination, it is the faculty’s responsibility to provide the necessary room and guard(s) for the examination if the test/exam is on campus. The building's caretaker must be contacted in advance to assure that the room(s) is made ready and the answering sheets and calculators, if needed, are available. The Department of Academic Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org can arrange for extra room if needed.
- When 20 students or more are taking the examination the Exam Office can arrange for room(s) and guards. In such cases, the Exam Office must be contacted well in advance at least 1 month prior to the date of the examination. Please contact us in the beginning of the semester.
The students must be notified about when and where the test/exam will be held. A notice shall be available in Canvas at least 14 days prior to the date for the test/examination.
To obtain information about whether there are students registered for the course and who are entitled to special arrangements for the examinations please contact the faculty's FS administrator or the Exam Office. The individual facilitation arrangement that is granted upon application (documentation is available at the Department of Academic Affairs) is presented in the FS report 530.002.
A student who needs special arrangements for the examination must contact the person in charge of the course, or the student advisor at the faculty, as soon as the students have been informed of the examination date(s).
As a general rule only extended time is granted for examinations during the teaching periode, if the student needs other forms of special arrangements please contact the Department of Academic Affairs.
Section 38-2 Extended examination time
For written examinations, the following extensions are granted:
- 15 extra minutes are granted for examinations lasting up to 1.5 hours
- 30 extra minutes are granted for examinations lasting between 1.5 and 4 hours
- 1 extra hour is granted for examinations lasting more than 4 hours
If the examination questions are handend out, make sure that the questions are copied in a sufficient number and handed over to the guards at least 15 minutes prior to the examination.
Please note that if examination aids are authorized for the examination, the aids must be stated on the examination question sheet and be in accordance with the aid code specified in the web-based course description.
When using rooms for the examination that are also used during the regular examination periode there are calculators provided in the "examination cupboard". The caretaker and the examination guards have keys for the cupboard. If the room used for the examination does not have a "examination cupboard" the caretaker can arrange for calculators. Remember to contact the caretaker well in advance of the examination.
B1: calculator handed out, no other aids
B2: calculator handed out, other aids as specified
As part of the quality assurance to whether a student has attended the examination in question a lists for attendance (printed by the FS-responsible at the faculty) might be useful. If exam guards sare used, the lists for attendance must be delivered to the guards together with the assignments, with the message that the students must sign for attendance. Contact the Exam Office for any questions.
The list should be provided for the examination guards with the examination questions. Inform the guards that the students must sign for attendance. Please contact the Exam Office for any questions.
The answers must be collected by the corse responsible when the examination has finished.