- If the thesis is barred (postponed) or restricted by law the correct form must be completed and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than four (4) weeks before the thesis submission deadline and attached electronically when submitting the thesis in WISEflow.
- The thesis must be saved as one PDF file together with the NMBU's front and back cover and attachments.
- The title of the thesis must be registered in StudentWeb.
- The thesis must be submitted in WISEflow with completed cover. If the thesis is barred (postponed) or restricted by law the correct forma must be attached.
If your thesis is restricted by law or have postponed publishing (up to 5 years) the correct form must be completed. For questions please contact your faculty. Read more about confidential thesis and thesis with postponed publication (see part: "Confidentiality agreement").
- Confidential degree thesis pursuant to the Public Administration Act
- Postponed publication of degree thesis for a limited period
The form must be completed with your supervisor and the completed and signed form must be submitted to email@example.com no later than four (4) weeks before the thesis submission deadline. It must also be attached electronically when submitting the thesis in WISEflow.
Finalize your thesis - NMBU’s front and back cover
Please remember that the thesis, the front and back cover and all attachments must be submitted as one PDF-file, see how to merge PDF files. You should not submitt your paper in paper.
- Please use the NMBUs front and back cover templates for bachelor’s and master’s thesis.
- How to merge PDF files - guide
- The maximum size of the thesis (uploads as "Paper" in WISEflow) is 100 MB Instructions how to compress a PDF-file
Register the thesis title in StudentWeb
Remember to register the title on your thesis in StudentWeb before you submit it - click on the thesis in Studentweb and then click "Edit" and "Show Title".
It is important that you register the correct title in StudentWeb. The title registered in Studentweb will appear on your diploma certificate (see information in the right part of this website).
- Video with instructions on how to register your thesis title.
- Please contact the Department of Academic Affairs for questions
Submission in Brage (master's thesis only)
From December 2022, master's theses will be automatically published in Brage after submission and censorship in WISEflow.
- Questions? Please contact the University Library.
Digital submission in WISEflow
After the thesis title has been registered in StudentWeb, your thesis has to be submitted in WISEflow.
- Log in to WISEflow with your NMBU/Feide user account.
- Choose wheter you are writing the thesis alone, or together with another student.
If you write:
- alone - click the "Create one-person group" button.
- together with another student - click the "Form group" button, and choose the student(s) to add to your group. The student(s) you add to your group will have to log in to WISEflow to confirm that they should be a part of the group, before you can submit the thesis.
- Under "Paper" upload the thesis in PDF format.
- If your thesis is barred (postponed) or restricted by law , upload the signed form under "Appendix material".
- Tick any questions on the cover.
- Press the green “Hand in” button to submit the thesis.
Questions or problems with submission in WISEflow? Please use the NMBUhelp web form to contact us