This meeting is an opportunity for all new PhD candidates (and also for those who are not so new if they would like to join) to get condensed information and to be introduced to representatives from the Library, HR Department, the Student Information Centre, the Society of Doctoral Candidates “SoDoC”, the Career Center and the Research Support Office.
Time: Thursday 27 September at 09:15-12:00.
A light lunch will be served to those who are registered for the meeting from 12:00, in the Economy Building canteen.
Place: Board Room on the first floor of the Circus building (2. etg), campus Ås. Click on this link to find map.
Registration prior to the meeting:
All participants have to register to the meeting, by using the link to register.
The programme will include:
- Overview on NMBU PhD programmes, regulations, web pages, contacts
- Rights and duties as PhD student (candidate) / employee
- Frequently asked questions at Student Information Centre (SIT)
- Plan your research, data, writing and publicising
- Plan your education - courses, research schools, international mobility, conferences
- Plan your career
- Academic writing skills
- The University Library services
- The Society of Doctoral candidates at NMBU (SoDoC)
- Practical everyday ethics
- Can research lead to innovation?
Hope to see you there!
Research Support Office
Presentations from the meeting