Everyone living in Norway is entitled to essential medical and care services.
- When I need medical assistance: Who should I call?
- Paying for medical services
- Regular general practitioner
- Out-of-hours medical service
- Mental health care
- Dental health services
All international students staying in Norway for more than 12 months have the right to register with a GP - called a fastlege in Norway.
You will need your personal Norwegian ID-number before you can register with a GP.
Don't worry: you can still see a doctor even if you don't have your ID-number.
NMBU Human Resources Department and all employees has shared responsibility for the focus on a good psychosocial work environment. In additon, the occupational health service Stamina Helse BHT og Nav arbeidslivssenter offers supporting services and activities.
The Human Resources Department (PoA) offers coaching and supportive talks during your study. Contact Turid Indrebø, email@example.com, for information and appointments.
PoA offers a variety of courses and seminars, to be investigated through https://www.nmbu.no/ansatt/kompetanse/kurstilbud.
The occupational health service Stamina Helse offers
- Courses in stress management and other courses on demand.
Arranged at one faculty or for NMBU as a whole
- Supportive talks. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Psychologist - acute hours only. Contact email@example.com.
- Physiotherapist - workplace assessment and prevention of health problems.
Contact the faculty administration, e.g. the PhD contact person.
Physical training activities for NMBU employees
- Free of charge training for employees at the EIKA Sport Center every Wednesday 15:00-16:00. Bring your NMBU access card!
- Membership and various physical training activities (in groups or on your own) at EIKA Sport Center.
NMBU-BIL membership (NOK 200 per year) - the NMBU-Employee sports team offering team sport activities like pilates, climbing, shooting, running, floorball, cycling and soccer to employees, including all PhD candidates.
Would you like to become a member? Would you like to create a group for a new activity?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Where: Rådhusplassen 29, Ås
- This service is available to young people aged 13-25 and students at NMBU.
There is no age limit for NMBU students, but the service is not targeted towards employed PhD candidates.
- Everything is free and you can drop in during opening hours.
- Doctor appointments should be booked in advance.
- At the Health Centre you will find a nurse, midwife, doctor, environmental therapist and psychologist.