Funding may be sought to establish a research or innovation project in response to a call for proposals under the following programme sections:
- HORIZON 2020 including sub-sections as MSCA, ERC, FET etc. (follow the link to see details)
Project establishment support may also be sought for proposals directed towards the following initiatives receiving funding under H2020 (provided Norway is a participant):
- COST (establishment of new networks)
- ERA-NET or Joint Programming Initiatives (JPIs), provided they are co-funded by H2020
- Joint Technology Initiatives (JTIs)
- The Eurostars Programme
- The Active and Assisted Living Programme (AAL)
Proposals targeting EU initiatives other than those listed here are not eligible for PES funding.
Funding may be used to cover the following costs:
- Travel expenses
- Payroll compensation for personnel, e.g. for hiring a substitute to take over duties of the researcher who will be writing the proposal.
- Procurement of external assistance and consultation.
Salary costs for employees at public universities will not be covered.
NMBU receives an annual framework grant from the Research Council of Norway (RCN) for PES. The criteria set by RCN and internal rates for NMBU form the basis for the grants. There should be only one PES application per EU-proposal, sent by the researcher who has primary responsibility for the proposal. All NMBU employees must apply through NMBU. The Department of Research and Innovation processes the applications.
How to apply:
Download and fill out the application form and send it to Monica Holthe. Normally applicants will receive an award letter within two weeks. The money is paid in arrears provided the submitted EU-proposal is formally accepted (eligible). The payment is based on actual costs.
Open-ended. Applicants are encouraged to submit PES applications as early as possible, i.e. as soon as a planned project begins to take shape.