Current larger projects were the group leader (Vincent Eijsink) is project leader and/or the primary group representative
- ”Robust processes for biogas production using manure and by-products from agriculture and agro-industry” (Robubiogas), NFR (2010-2015)
- “Enzyme technology for next generation biofuels”. With Borregaard. NFR (2012-2015)
- “New Norwegian biorefinery”. IPN (2012-2015)
- ”Mechanism, function and diversity of a novel family of biomass degrading enzymes”. FRIBIOMED (2012-2015)
- “Development and verification of an innovative full life sustainable approach to the valorisation of municipal solid waste into industrial feedstocks. EU-FP7 “Waste2Go” (2012–2015)
- ”Innovative enzyme technology for biomass processing”. NFR-FRINAT (2012–2015)
- ”The newly discovered polysaccharide utilisation loci linked to multiple cellulolytic systems in nature: how does it work?”, FRIBIOMED (2012-2015)
- “Enzymatic modification and upgrading of marine polysaccharides” (MARPOL), NFR-BIOTEK2021 (2012-2017)
- "Lactic acid production from lignocellulose", PhD fellow, Gerdt Müller, (2013-2016)
- ”CenBio, Bioenergy Innovation Centre”. Mainly on stationary energy, but with biogas component. FME (2009-2016)
- “Biogas from organic residues and livestock manure as a vehicle fuel" (BiogasFuel), KPN (2014-2016)
- “Oxidative conversion of polysaccharides – enzyme discovery, functional characterization and novel applications”. VISTA post-doc fellowship to Zarah Forsberg (2014 – 2016)
- “Structure-function studies of lytic polysaccharide monooxygenases, novel tools for enzymatic biomass conversion”. Young Scientist Contract, INRA, France; post doc to Bastien Bisarro, (2014-2016).
- "Pretreatment and saccharification of lignocellulosics", CAPTURE+, (2014-2016)
- “Enzyme development for Norwegian biomass - mining Norwegian biodiversity for seizing Norwegian opportunities in the bio-based economy (NorZymeD)”, NFR-BIOTEK2021, (2012-2018)
- "Mapping microbial communities on fish skin and their relationship to disease", PhD fellowship, Giusi (2014-2017)
- “Novel salmon feed by integrated bioprocessing of non-food biomass”. NFR – “BioFeed” (Havbruk + BIOTEK2021), (2014-2018)
- "Innovative application of plants", BioBoost (NIBIO), (2015-2018)
- “Food-grade bacterial vectors as novel tuberculosis vaccines. NFR-GlobVac, (2014 – 2019)
- “ChitoTex - Development and production of new insect chitosan and chitosan based functional coatings for yarns and textile fabrics”, ERA-IB, (2015 – 2018)
- “Development and production of new insect chitosan and chitosan based functional coatings for yarns and textile fabrics” ChitoTex, (2015-2018)
- “Biocatalytic utilization of lignin for increased biogas production in a biorefinery setting (BioLiGas), Research project (2015-2018)
- “Exploring tree-derived hemicelluloses as a source for prebiotics”, WoodPrebiotic, (2015-2018)
- “Advancing biomass technology – a biomimetic approach (BioMim)”, NFR-Bionær, (2015 – 2018)
- “Discovering new functions of carbohydrate-active enzymes to unravel novel mechanisms of bacterial virulence”, FRIBIOMED, (2016-2019); read more here
- ”Back to basics: simplifying microbial communities to decrypt complex interactions”, FRIBIOMED (2016-2019)
- "Value-added sugar platform", (VASP), (Borregaard) (2017-2020)
- Rocky, Borregaard (2021)
- "Biorefining to generate new feed ingredients" “FOODS of Norway”, NFR-SFI (2015 – 2023).
- BioFeed, (2019)
- Bio4Fuels (2024)
- Enzymes4Fuels, Innovative enzyme technology for sustainable biofuels ,NFR Energix (2017-2021)
- OxyTrain, Horizon 2020, (2017-2020)
- "Optimized oxidative enzyme systems for efficient conversion of lignocellulose to valuable products", Research Project ved Senter for Digitalt Liv, OXYMOD (2018-2021)
Three of the group members (Vaaje-Kolstad, Pope & Mathiesen ) have at least one own project that they lead.
Professor Svein Jarle Horn has his own research group, Research Group for Bioprocess Technology and Biorefining (BioRef)
We collaborate with various industries, including Borregaard, TINE and Cambi AS. Additional funding sources are EU, Norden and the Vista programme financed by Statoil. Some of us participate in the spin-off company BioCHOS AS.
We participate in the Management committee’s of COST CM0903, “Utilisation of Biomass for Sustainable Fuels & Chemicals (UBIOCHEM)” (Eijsink), and COST TD1203, “Food waste valorisation for sustainable chemicals, materials & fuels (EUBis)” (Horn).