Department of Public Health Science
Health is shaped in the places where people live and meet. We aim to understand how the community can facilitate good helath in the entire population, and to increase knowledge of the factors that promote health and prevent disease.
The Department of Public Health Science aims to strengthen knowledge on the environmental and social conditions that affect public health. Our staff have extensive expertise in physical and psychosocial factors that affect health and quality of life, and that promote health and prevent disease in society.
Public health science encompasses everything from the relationship between animals and people, to mental helath and how the environment affects our health and wellbeing. Here are some of the experts at the department.
Research centres and groups
- Portal for Nature and Human Health Research in Norway
- Centre for Evidence-Based Public Health: A JBI Affiliated Group
- Network for Mobility and Social Sustainability
- NMBU Sustainability Arena: Towards sustainable cities og societies
- Co-creating knowledge for local adaptation to climate change in least developed countries (COLOCAL)
- Co-creating Public Health
- Shopping centres for social sustainability
- Smart Planning for Healthy and Green Nordic Cities (NORDGREEN)
- Social sustainability in local communities in Østfold, Norway