NMBU Learning Philosophy
- We create inclusive learning environments and a good professional home.
- Students are active participants in the academic community.
- Learning is a student active process that promotes reflection and independence.
- Students take responsibility for and manage their own learning.
- Teachers facilitate, guide and support students in their learning process.
- Students are an important learning resource for each other and actively participate in the teaching of their peers.
- Teachers promote students' learning process underway through constructive feedback.
The Learning Philosophy is promoted by:
- The departments develop teaching by including more student active learning methods.
- An indicative goal at NMBU is that 25% of the time students spend in a course should be in contact with professionals, and 75% are various forms of assignments, learning activities and self-study.
- The academic administration ensures a high level of support for the development work.
NMBUs Learning Philosophy is enacted by the Academic Board.