VET333 Veterinary Practice Management
Check for course changes due to the coronavirus outbreak on Canvas and StudentWeb.
Showing course contents for the educational year starting in 2019 .
Course responsible: Gro Ladegård, Trine Marie L'Abée-Lund Normann
Teachers: Anne Kristine Storset
ECTS credits: 3
Faculty: Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
Teaching language: NO
Teaching exam periods:
This course starts in Spring semester. This course has teaching/evaluation in Spring semester
Course frequency: Annually
First time: 2018H
VET + B-DYR
Topics that will be covered are:
- SME, small and mediumsized enterprices. Basic economy
- Regulations, HSE
- Team work in inter-professional teams
- Leadership theories, group processes
- Trust and conflict management
An introduction to practice management, principles of profitability and inter-professional team work. The course gives theoretical perspectives and encourages reflections through lectures, exercises and group work.
The course will provide students with an introduction to the working life in a veterinary practice. The professional role must be applied in interaction with colleagues, managers, employees, clients and other professionals.
The block forms the basis so that the student after completing the course will master the following «Day one skills» by EAEVE: 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.7, 1.8, 1.9, 1.10, 1.11, 1.12
A) After completing the course the student should:
- Be reflective in relation to the different roles in a veterinary practice. This involves having thought through their own behavior in groups, learned about typical group processes and handling of important topics such as confidence-building and conflict management.
B) After completing the course the student should:
- Be well oriented about the society and working life he/she will meet after they complete their studies.
The course is for both veterinary students and veterinary nurse students. There will be a mixture of lectures discussions and group activities etc. There will be a combination of theoretical teaching combined with practical and student active teaching sessions.
Teachers will be present during classes and available through email
See course site at Canvas
All sessions and lectures are mandatory. If valid absence exceeds one day per week a written assignment will have to be submitted. In case of invalid absence the course must be re-taken the following year.
The student will give a presentation within a topic covered by the course. The presentations must be passed in order to pass the course.
Reduction of credits:
Type of course:
Examination details: Participation: Passed / Failed