TIP360 Digital Manufacturing and Design Technology 3 ¿Specialization¿
Showing course contents for the educational year 2017 - 2018 .
Course responsible: Odd Ivar Lekang
Teachers: Kristian Sørby Omberg
ECTS credits: 5
Faculty: Faculty of Science and Technology
Teaching language: EN, NO
Teaching exam periods:
This course starts in autumn
Course frequency: every year in the autumn
First time: Study year 2016-2017
In this topic so students will apply the knowledge they have gained through previous courses in manufacturing and design. The challenge in this course is that they will be working with all systems where digital new technologies and designs are included, going from single product to system thinking. The work in this course is a project formed with industry partners and the task shall be of a nature similar to real-life projects. It also aims to give the student an overview of how digital advances changing the industrial landscape and opportunities of today's factories including the entire production processes.
In the course the students will learn about
- Analysis of a complex production process and important suksesfaktorer for the use of digital production and design of complex new technologies processes
- Model-based systems for production and advanced manufacturing enterpriser
- Using the digital cooperation area for manufacturers and cyber security in production.
Autodesk Fusion 360 will be the platform used in this course.
- Preform analysis of a complex manufacturing process and consider the important factors to use a digital production and design in a complex manufacturing processes
- Explain model-based systems for production and advanced manufacturing enterprises
- Explanation for the use of digital common area for companies / manufacturers that work together and have knowledge of cyber security in manufacturing.
Project work, supervised self-study.
The students get close personal supervision for the assignment. In addition, the students can use e-mail in order to ask the course responsible specific questions.
Depending on the assignment.
Tip260, only for 4 or 5 years students
Project hand in, a report which addresses the design idea and presented as a written project report. It will be mandatory meeting activities
Mandatory hand-in in addition to a oral exam.
For a course of 5 credits, ca. 150 hours of work in total is normally to be expected.
Special requirements in Science
Type of course:
10 hours of supervision.
The subject is a topic that is suitable for students from 2nd to 5th studieår- Rated workload; 5 credits: Lectures with homework, ca. 40 hours. Exercises and project (in groups), ca. 110 hours.
An external examiner is used for assessing the project assignments.
Examination details: Continuous exam: A - E / Ikke bestått