STAT321 Theoretical statistics I
Showing course contents for the educational year 2017 - 2018 .
ECTS credits: 10
Faculty: Faculty of Chemistry, Biotechnology and Food Science
Teaching language: EN, NO
Limits of class size:
Teaching exam periods:
The course starts in the autumn semester. Teaching and evaluation is in the autumn semester.
Course frequency: Annually.
First time: Study year 2016-2017
- Basic ditribution theory (Binomial, Poisson, normal, t, F and Chi sqare distribution).
- Multvariate and marginal distributions. Transfomations.
- Population mean, variance, covariance, correlation and independence.
- Estimation, confidence interval and hypothese testing.
- Linear models (ANOVA, Regression) by marix noation.
- Random effects.
- Generalized models.
Understanding of the theory behind the most common applied methods.
Lectures, exercsises and self study.
Lectures, exercises and individual supervision. Canvas.
Will be given at semester start.
Basic statstics. Basic Calculus and linear algebra.
One assignment, must be approved before the final exam.
Written, final exam, counts 100 %.
A total of 300 hours:
- 52 hrs lectures
- 26 hrs exercises
- 222 hrs self-study
Special Requirements in Science.
Reduction of credits:
STAT250: 2 credits. STAT300: 2 credits. STAT310: 2 credits.
Type of course:
Lectures: 4 hours per week. Exercises: 2 hours per week.
An external examiner grades a minimum of 25 selected exam papers.
Allowed examination aids: C3 Alle typer kalkulatorer, alle andre hjelpemidler - inkludert digitale
Examination details: One written exam: A - E / Ikke bestått