There may be changes to the course due to to corona restrictions. See Canvas and StudentWeb for info.
Showing course contents for the educational year 2021 - 2022 .
Course responsible: Torjus Folsland Bolkesjø
Teachers: Eirik Ogner Jåstad, Olav Albert Høibø
ECTS credits: 10
Faculty: Faculty of Environmental Sciences and Natural Resource Management
Teaching language: NO
Teaching exam periods:
This course starts in Spring parallel. This course has teaching/evaluation in Spring parallel.
Course frequency: Annually
First time: 2015V
Topics covered in the course include: • The resource base and approaches for assessing the resource base • Conversion technologies for heat, power and fuel • Raw material markets and the product market • Instruments for bioenergy use and effect on profitability • Bioenergy and climate effects
A candidate with a completed qualification has the following learning outcomes in the course:
- The student has advanced knowledge of key technologies for the production of bioenergy.
- The student has specialized insight into the effects on the carbon cycle and climate using bioenergy.
- The student can analyze societal issues related to the use of biomass for energy purposes.
- The student can apply methods and models to carry out economic analyzes related to bioenergy
- The student can carry out an independent analysis, including analyzing the climate effects of bioenergy use
- The student can assess the suitability of different biomass types for energy purposes
- The student can make critical assessments of the climate effects using different bioenergy forms
- The student can communicate and discuss issues related to economic, technological and climate and environmental aspects of bioenergy
- The student must be able to communicate about academic issues that are dealt with in the course, both with specialists and to the general public
Lectures, exercises, independent study
Canvas. During office hours, lecturers can provide academic supervision to students.
A reading list will be available at Canvas.
FORN200 or similar
FYS100 or similar and KJM100 or similar
Approved exercise and any excursion.
3-hour written exam
Special requirements in Science
Reduction of credits:
Type of course:
50 hours lectures and exercises
The external examiner will contribute in defining the exam problem set and will assess all exam answers.
Allowed examination aids: B1 Calculator handed out, no other aids
Examination details: One written exam: A - E / F