BUS333 Approaches to Management Accounting and Control
Search for other courses here
Select other year
Showing course contents for the educational year 2016 - 2017 .
Course responsible: Inger Johanne Pettersen, Inger Johanne Pettersen
ECTS credits: 5
Faculty: School of Economics and Business
Teaching language: NO
Teaching exam periods:
Course frequency: Annually
First time: Study year 2015-2016
Last time: 2016H
This course focuses on the company and its context. Especially, we consider the concept of a company to be very broad. A modern company is a complex organization which can be studies from many theoretical perrspectives and by different methods. Learning management accounting and control implies a knowledge to cope with many kinds of analyses and discussions. This course contains the following elements:
- Management tools in theory and practice
- Management accounting and control and the behavioural implications
- Alternative theoretical perspectives
The course aims at giving the student the following knowledge, capabilities and competence:
- has advanced knowledge within the field of management control.
- has comprehensive knowledge within the field's scientific theories and methods of analyses.
- can use knowledge within the field by working with cases.
- can analyse problems based on theories, methods and interpretations from the field of management control.
- can use management control tools in solving practical problems.
- can use relevant methods for research and development.
- can analyse academic problems.
- can use the knowledge and competence in management control to perform practical problem solving and projects.
- can communicate topics from the field.
Lectures, literature, student presentations and work with cases
Presentation of the literature in lectures, feedback and discussions
Book: . Hopper, D. Northcott, and R.W. Scapens, (eds.),(2007) Issues in Management Accounting. (Hertfordshire, UK: Prentice-Hall). Diverse chapters & Articles
One compulsory case submission, group work.
Submission of term paper (group work) Grade: Passed/non-passed. Written exam 3,5 hours
Type of course:
Approx 24 hours lectures + work with case
Examination details: :