BUS271 Idea and Business Development
Showing course contents for the educational year 2016 - 2017 .
Course responsible: Nils Sanne
Teachers: Elin Kubberød
ECTS credits: 5
Faculty: School of Economics and Business
Teaching language: NO
Limits of class size:
Teaching exam periods:
This course starts in Spring parallel. This course has teaching/evaluation in Spring parallel.
Course frequency: Annually
First time: Study year 2005-2006
The main elements of the course: - What is a business idea and business model - The value of learning about the customer in business development - Economic analysis in a Start up - Main focus: The business plan as tool in developing a business idea (Business model, and business modelling, organisation and team, market strategy plan, profit and economic analysis)
- Understanding and learning the basic essence and tools of business development, evaluation of new products, services and markets
- Develop skills in business plan writing with its elements as basic market analysis, econmic analysis and profit, and be able to collect and analyse information and apply theoretical concepts
- Using own knowledge in a new and entrepreneurial setting
- Developing creativity and innovations skills
- Developing presentation skills
- Developing collaborative skills
Lectures and workshops under supervision, assigments and independent team work on the term paper (the business plan). The students are required to form interdisciplinary groups early in the semester.
Osterwalder, Alexander & Pigneur, Yves: Business Model Generation, 2010. Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley. ISBN: 978-0470-87641-1, h.. Available as E bok: (ISBN: 9780470901038).
Additional literature will be distributed in the Fronter system.
3 compulsory assignments (one of them is an oral presentation)
Business plan (50 %) and oral presentation (50 %). No re-take examination will be arranged.
Minimum requirements for entrance to higher education in Norway (generell studiekompetanse)
Reduction of credits:
BUS272 - 5 credits.
Type of course:
Lectures: 20 hours. Guidance and workshops: 20 hours Participation in innovation camp in the beginning of the semester.
The external examiner is present at the oral examination and will evaluate the business plans.
Examination details: Continuous exam: A - E / Ikke bestått