BUS217 Accounting Structure, Regulation and Ethics
Showing course contents for the educational year 2018 - 2019 .
Course responsible: Karl Jens Fredrik Bengtsson
Teachers: Karl Jakob Enger
ECTS credits: 5
Faculty: School of Economics and Business
Teaching language: NO
Limits of class size:
Teaching exam periods:
This course starts in Autumn parallel. This course has teaching/evaluation in Autumn parallel, .
Course frequency: Annually
First time: Study year 2013-2014
-Bachelor in Business Administration
The course provides insight into the authorized accountant's role and the formal framework accountant must relate to in their profession. Including ethical dilemmas, challenges associated with processing and recording of transactions and business events, and the organization and internal control.
- Have good knowledge of the rules that regulate the rights and duties of authorized accountants, including accountant tort duties
- Have good knowledge of the requirements, obligations and recommendations made in the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Know the board, the general manager and the auditor's role and responsibilities associated with a business
- Know the most important business practices
- Know the general controls and can reflect on organizational relationships related to internal control, including measures to ensure effective internal control
- Is aware of security requirements and controls in IT systems
- Have knowledge of the basic accounting principles in accounting law and generally accepted bookkeeping practice, including other provisions of Bookkeeping and Accounting
- Can apply rules on rights and obligations and the content of the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, regulations on risk management and internal controls and money laundering regulations
- Can reflect on the responsibilities and roles in an enterprise, also in an internal control perspective
- Can reflect on ethical dilemmas that may arise in an accountant's business activity
- Can acquire updated knowledge within the above knowledge and skill areas
- Can convey key subject matter through relevant forms of expression and to exchange views and experiences with other professionals
- Can see the subject in a broader societal perspective
Lectures and exercises.
God regnskapføringsskikk av Høylie, Kristensen og Opsahl. 3 utgave 2015. Regnskapsførerloven og Bokføringsloven med forskrifter og standarder.
BUS100, BUS110, BUS160, BUS210 Basic business, -financial accounting, -Tax Law
A written exam (3,5 hours) counts for 100% of the grade
Minimum requirements for entrance to higher education in Norway (generell studiekompetanse)
Reduction of credits:
Type of course:
An external examiner controls the syllabus and exam.
Allowed examination aids: C2 Alle typer kalkulatorer, alle andre skriftlige hjelpemidler.
Examination details: One written exam: A - E / Ikke bestått