International applicants: December 1st
Start of Studies:
A relevant bachelor or equivalent degree in life sciences.
This is a double degree master's programme of 120 ECTS, including mobility, offered by a consortium of three leading universities in the Nordic countries:
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), Department of Biotechnology, Trondheim, Norway
- Norwegian University of Life Science (NMBU), Faculty of Science and Technology, Aas, Norway
- University of Iceland HI (UoI), School of Engineering & Natural Sciences, Reykjavik, Iceland
You start with the first year at one university and take the second year at another consortium university in another country depending on your choice of specialization.
The first semester (30 ECTS) is equal for all, essentially given as e-learning, focusing on the entire aquatic value chain.
AQFood offers three study tracks starting with first year:
- Aquatic Production (first year at NMBU)
- Natural Resources (first year at NTNU)
- Marine innovation and Sustainability (first year at UoI)
The second year is used for specialization, which opens up for several possibilities. The specialization depends on the combination of universities. After studying aquatic production at NMBU, you will continue with marine innovation and sustainability at UoI during your second year.
More information at www.aqfood.org
An increased demand for aquatic food requires highly qualified candidates throughout the entire food chain. The growing aquatic food industry is becoming more and more integrated, which means that individual companies cover several parts of the entire value chain.
- The program gives you a global understanding of the aquatic food production. You will learn about the entire value chain for aquatic food, from fishery and aquaculture throughout processing, distribution until the product reaches the consumer. The program is focusing on safety and quality, from sea to table.