You will receive an automatic email confirming your nomination as an NMBU exchange student, and another email with a password for entering the application portal.
Register your application in the application portal SøknadsWeb. Before you register your application, please read the following information carefully:
NMBU offers courses taught in English and Norwegian. The English courses require one of the English levels listed below (Please do also see the Higher Education Entrance Qualification for Persons with Foreign Education - The GSU-list), and the Norwegian courses require documented fluency in Norwegian, Danish or Swedish.
Applicants who are not native speakers of English must document their proficiency in English with one of the following tests:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum score of 500 for a paper based test (PBT), or minimum 60 on an internet-based test (IBT).
- International English Language Testing Service (IELTS), academic, with a minimum score of 5.0.
- Applicants with Norwegian upper secondary school: Foundation/level 1 course in English at upper secondary school (140 hours) with the mark 2 or better.
- Please note that a TOEFL or an IELTS test cannot be more than two years old.
- Pearson PTE Academic test with a minimum score of 51 points.
- University of Cambridge examinations:
- First Certificate in English
- Certificate in Advanced English
- Certificate of Proficiency in English
In some cases, applicants can document English proficiency in other ways. Please see the Norwegian Agency for Quality Assurance Education to find out about other ways to document English language proficiency.
Please upload the following documents to your application profile (SøknadsWeb) before the application deadlines:
- Application form (The application form must contain: 1) Complete home address, including post code 2) List of courses you want to take at NMBU 3) List of courses you are currently enrolled in at your home university).
- Official academic transcripts in English (Official transcript is not just a print, but an official document signed and approved by your home university).
- A list of the course you are registered in the current semester - this will, together with your transcripts - give us an idea and more complete picture of your academic background
- Copy of passport/ID card.
- Documentation of English proficiency (Applicants who are native speakers of English do not have to document their English proficiency).
When all documents are uploaded to Søknadsweb they will appear on your profile under the window "my documents", and your application is complete.
All documents must be uploaded before:
- 1 April (Autumn semester: Aug/Sept - Dec)
- 1 October (Spring semester: Jan/Feb - May/June)
When to expect decisions:
- Autumn semester applications: within 15 May.
- Spring semester applications: within 15 November.
If you have any questions, please contact: