Checklist for applicants:
1) Who may apply in the 15 October – 1 December admission process?
- Applicants from outside the EU/EEA/Switzerland
- EU/EEA and Swiss citizens
2) Do you have the required academic background?
The minimum entrance requirements for admission to higher education in Norway is set by NOKUT and can be found in The Nokut GSU list . This list states the basic requirements for admission to higher education in Norway.
Admission is highly competitive and normally requires higher grades than the minimum needed to be qualified for admission.
3) Do you meet our English language requirements?
Applicants who are not native speakers of English must document their proficiency in English with an internationally recognized test. NMBU has a higher requirement for proficiency in English than stated in the Nokut GSU list. Please be aware that IELTS and TOEFL test dates fill up quickly. Be sure to schedule your test early. You can take the test until 15 December.
4) Can you document your financial ability?
- There are no tuition fees at NMBU.
- NMBU does not offer scholarships for bachelor or master students.
- All student must be self-financed.
- Financial ability must be documented when you apply
Applicants from outside the EU must document their ability to finance the stay in Norway in order to be granted a student residence permit.
The required amount is currently NOK 116,369 (one hundred and sixteen thousand three hundred and sixty nine) for the academic year 2018/2019. Please see https://www.udi.no/en/ for more information.
5) Do you have all required documentation?
Check our documentation requirements and make sure that you have all the required documents ready, and that they are in the correct format (.pdf). All requirements must be met by the application deadline.
Documents should be uploaded online - not sent by post.
6) Registering your application in the Application Portal
- The application periode is 15 October - 1 December
- Enter your name as written in your passport
- Please upload all documents when you register your application. Follow our guidelines on how to upload documents.
- 15 December is the final deadline to upload documents. Your application will be considered invalid if you have not uploaded any supporting documents within the deadline. Invalid applications will not be processed.
- You may apply for up to three programmes. You may reprioritize your three programmes until the application deadline.
- If you are offered admission to your first priority, you will not be offered admission to your second or third priority.
7) Getting your application results
The admission results will be available in the application portal by the end of April.
If you are offered admission, you will also be notified through your registered e-mail address. Those offered admission will have a short deadline to accept the offer.
Applicants may be asked to present original educational documents upon admission.
Questions regarding the admission process: email@example.com
Questions regarding the content of the study programme: Study coordinator of the programme (please find contact info on programme description)