WISEflow is the digital examination system NMBU uses for exams. Please log in to WISEflow.
A flow is a test/exam set up in WISEflow. This could for instance be for a school exam, a home exam or a submission for the thesis.
FLOWmulti describes a test set up in WISEflow that uses the multi function, but it could contain other types of questions than a multiple choice.
- You log in to WISEflow and find the exam you are taking.
- You will get access to the exam questions at the start time given for your exam
- If the exam is a FLOWmulti (see above) the answers must be written directly in WISEflow.
- If the exam is a hand in designed to be answered in another program (like Word), the file must be saved as PDF, uploaded and submitted in WISEflow before the examination closes.
- For a WISEflow home exam FLOWlock is not used (the exam browser that will prevent you from accessing files on your computer and Internet). FLOWlock is used for digital campus exams only.
Remember to submit/hand in your examination answers before the the examination expires!
Remember to have your mobile available during the WISEflow exam. If a common messages related to an exam is given, the information will be available in the subject room in Canvas and you will be notified by SMS.
Under user guides for WISEflow, you will find a link to learn more about how to use WISEflow as a participant, ie as a student who will take an exam in the system.
Remember to submit/hand in your examination answers before the the examination expires! The exam time shown in WISEflow includes any extra time given for uploading files. If you have for facilitation for special needs, extended time for this is also added to the total time shown.
If you are sick or there are other special circumstances that makes it unavailable for you to take your exam, you need to register for valid absence. If you get sick during your exam and are not able to finish your WISEflow exam, you should not submit any answers.
Make sure to submit your application for valid absence within five (5) days of the exam in question. You do not need to attach a doctor’s notice or equivalent with your application. Please read more about valid absence and find the form.
Please note that a submitted answer cannot be withdrawn from marking even if a medical certificate is submitted after the examination.
If you write your answer in Word, you simply have to click 'Save as' and then choose 'PDF' in the list of available file types.
You do not need to enter the candidate number on your answer, your candidate number is automatically registered in WISEflow.
You do not have to install FLOWlock for a home exam. FLOWlock is only used on school (on site) exams in WISEflow.
Use your normal browser to find your exam, Wiseflow recommend using Chrome or Firefox.
No, your computer is not locked during a home exam in WISEflow, you can use all other programs as usual during your exam. Please make sure to check what aids are allowed to use on your courses.
- Make sure you have internet access. Open your browser, Wiseflow recommend using Chrome or Firefox.
- You must log in to WISEflow with your FEIDE (NMBU) username and password
- You might log in to the exam via the link you receive in the email regarding your exam
- Or you could log in to WISEflow using their webpage. Access the participant page and click on your exam.
- You can check your password or change it on this page: https://brukerdata.nmbu.no
No separate exam password
Please note that you don't need a separate exam password like the one you are given if taking a digital exam at campus. Such password are not needed for your home exam as your browser will be open during the exam.
- If you experience problems when starting a flow in WISEflow, try to exit (log out) the the exam and then re-enter.
- You might also try using a different browser
- The exam questions is available in WISEflow when the exam starts.
- Yes, your answer is automatically saved every 10 seconds, as long as you are connected to the Internet by a FLOWmulti task.
- If you write your answer in another program (like Word) you must remember to save locally.
- If you have been granted extended examination time as a special arrangement for your exams, the extra time will autimatically be registered in WISEflow before the exam.
- For other exams, not via WISEflow, please contact your Faculty to make them aware of your need for extended examination time.
- Do not close your browser if you loose internet access
- Remember to save locally from time to time. A button will appear in the right upper corner with the text save a local copy or similar
- When you have internet access again the browser will automatically update against WISEflow
- Contact support if you dont have internet connection when handing in
If you want to submit a blank examination, you must log in to WISEflow to do this You can either click the 'submit blank' button, or upload a blank file to hand in.
If you get sick during the exam and want to withdraw, you should not submit anything in WISEflow.
During the exam period, support will available between 8:00-18:00. Before and after the exam period support will be available during 8:00-15:00.
For support related to your exam in the digital examination system WISEflow please use this form
Webform for exam support - for exam related question except PC or network related support.
PC and network support
If you have question relating to your PC and or network please contact NMBU IT on firstname.lastname@example.org /Phone: 67230555