It is very important to customize your application and CV for the position you are applying for. Therefore study the ad thoroughly to determine how your qualifications match the job description. Underline the key words. A god job application and CV will make sure that the match between your qualifications and employer’s requirements is immediately obvious.
If you are a student or newly graduated, you usually don’t have a lot of relevant work experience. Still, you might have gained skills that are needed for the job.
- What are you good at?
- What subjects/courses do you like the most? What in particular are the reasons that you like them?
- What is your dream job?
- Why is that your dream job?
- What have you learned through your studies and work experience?
- Do you like to work on a team or independently – what is your experience with independent and team- based work?
- What role do you take on a team? Do you for example take the initiative, are you the promoter, the creative one, or do you make sure the work is done?
- What is your working capacity? Have you had jobs besides your studies? What about your other positions, tasks or duties and voluntary work?
- Do you have any professionally relevant hobbies?
- Have you been living abroad (studied, worked)? What surprised you the most when living abroad? What impact has the experience of living abroad had on you?
- Have you achieved any concrete results you can refer to? A project/thesis delivered on time can for example show your capability of completing a task.
- Ask a friend, fellow student or colleague how she/he would describe you.
It will be easier to write a god job application and prepare yourself for a job interview after you have analyzed your qualifications and you feel confident about them.