To apply for admission to one of NMBU's PhD programs you have to fill in a form (word document) and a digital form. The digital form is used to obtain sensitive personal information such as social security numbers, copies of passports, etc. that should not be handled as you would in a word document (cf. the GDPR regulations).
NMBU 1.1 Application for admission (word document)
The application will deliver your documentation of the education that is to form the basis for the admission, English skills and full financing of the entire admission period.
The following must be described in the application:
- Proposal of supervisors and your affiliation to an academic environment at NMBU
- Project outline with academic account of the project and progress plan
- Description of any academic and material resource requirements, such as access to the necessary infrastructure to complete the PhD project
- Information about planned key workplace
- Information about any intellectual property matters, and an account of any legal and ethical issues that the project may raise
- Information on whether the project is dependent on permission from research ethics committees, permission to process personal data or other permits. Such permits should, if possible, be attached to the application.
Digital form for your personal information:
NMBU obtains any sensitive personal information via a digital form. This is to enable secure handling of the personal information. The faculty PhD coordinator has a password protected access to the information. You will receive a copy of the form with all attachments, to the e-mail address you have provided. Here is a link for each faculty's form:
- Faculty of Biosciences
- School of Economics and Business
- Faculty of Chemistry, Biotechnology and Food Science
- Faculty of Landscape and Society
- Faculty of Environmental Sciences and Natural Resource Management
- Faculty of Science and Technology
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
The faculties process applications for admission and make their decisions normally within four weeks of receipt. In order to process the application, the faculty may require the applicant to send any missing documentation. A prerequisite, but not a guarantee for admission, is that the requirements for education, funding and English skills are met. Limiting factors to admission to a PhD program at NMBU may be by relevance of the potential PhD projects to the research environments, the faculty's PhD supervisor capacity or other.