NMBU has decided to make the submission of master's theses in Brage mandatory. Only the submission itself is mandatory. In consultation with your main supervisor, you must consider whether the electronic version should be publicly accessible on the internet.
Statutory confidentiality clauses
If the thesis contains information that is subject to a statutory duty of secrecy (the Public Administration Act Section 13), the Confidential Thesis Form must be filled in and submitted together with the printed version of the thesis. In Brage, you must enter the date when the confidentiality clause ceases to apply in the Embargo date field and state the grounds for the confidentiality requirement in the Description field.
Confidentiality on other grounds
If the student plans to continue working on the material with a view to other forms of publication, such as publication in an international journal, access to the thesis can be restricted for a period.
In Brage, you must enter the date when the confidentiality clause ceases to apply in the Embargo date field and state the grounds for the confidentiality requirement in the Description field. If the paper version is also to be confidential, the Confidential Thesis form must be filled in and submitted together with the printed version of the thesis.
- Go to http://brage.bibsys.no/umb
and click Log on (in the top menu).
- Select Log on using FEIDE (button at the bottom of the log on page)
Use your ordinary NMBU user name and your password.
Alternatively, you can use your BIBSYS patron ID and password on the log on page.
Students affiliated to more than one institution must be registered with NMBU as the place of ordering in the BIBSYS lending register.
If you have problems logging on, contact the Brage group at the University Library.
- Click Start a new submission (on My Page)
and then select the collection
Master's theses ("your main supervisor's department").
A thesis shall only be registered in Brage once.
Contact the Brage group if you have submitted the wrong version of the thesis.
If the thesis falls under more than one department, the Brage group will ensure that the thesis is linked to the relevant collections.
If there is more than one author, they must all be registered in the same form.
- You must enter some information about the thesis:
the title, your name (+ the names of any co-authors), the number of pages, which language the thesis is written in and an abstract.
If the thesis has several titles, e.g. both one in English and one in Norwegian, you must tick this option in the first registration window after having selected the collection.
- Embargo date:
This field must only be used if access to the thesis is restricted.
If the thesis is confidential, you must enter the date when the confidentiality clause ceases to apply in the Embargo date field and state the grounds for the confidentiality requirement in the Description field (the next registration window).
- Subject keywords:
You must describe the academic content of the thesis by selecting subjects or topics from the list of subject categories. In addition, you should enter "free" topic words (in Norwegian and English), i.e. words of your own choice that describe the content of your thesis.
- Abstract (in Norwegian and English) can be copied from the thesis.
- The thesis should preferably be submitted as one PDF file.
It is a good idea to use your family name and the year in the file name (e.g. hansen2012.pdf).
If the thesis consists of several files, you must tick this option in the first registration window after having selected the collection.
The thesis must not contain material that violates declarations of confidentiality, protection of privacy or copyright.
- See Checklist
- See also About copyright and the content of Brage
- Receipt for submission in Brage.
A receipt has been sent to your email. Print the receipt and submit the print-out with the printed version of the thesis.
Printed version must be submitted to SiT
- Even if you have submitted an electronic version of your thesis to Brage, you must nonetheless submit the printed version to SiT.
- The printed and the electronic versions must be identical.
- All relevant forms, such as the declaration form, registration form (and, if relevant, the confidential thesis form) and the receipt for submission in Brage must be submitted with the printed version of the thesis.
- You can interrupt your registration at any time before you receive confirmation of completed registration.
- It will be possible to correct obvious errors and omissions in the registration after registration is complete and before the thesis is published. In such case, contact the Brage group at the University Library.
- Once the thesis has been published, the author must submit an application to his/her department if he/she wishes to have the thesis deleted from Brage.