Ansvarlig fakultet:Fakultet for landskap og samfunn
Emneansvarlig:Katharina Charlotte Laura Glaab
Campus / nettbasert:Undervises campus Ås
Frekvens:Biannually in odd years
Forventet arbeidsmengde:250 timer
Undervisnings- og vurderingsperiode:Emnet starter i vårparallellen. Emnet har undervisning/vurdering i vårparallellen, .
Om dette emnet
Dette lærer du
At the end of the course students will be able to:
- Recognize the role and power of IOs in the international order and in governing global politics in different policy fields
- Engage critically with academic writing on international organizations
- Link conceptual discussions about IOs with current events
- The course comprises of lectures and seminars. The learning platform Canvas provides details about the individual session of the course and the assigned readings.
- Office hours and procedures are established at the first meeting of the course. A course schedule will be distributed before.
- A literature list will be available in canvas before the course starts.
- General knowledge of international relations and international politics.
Portfolio assessment. The final grade will be assigned at the end of the course and is based on three assignments which must be passed. Grades are on A-E/F scale:
Seminar discussion lead (20%): Prepare and lead one ‘bringing in the news’ session (as a group assignment)
Mid-term exam (40%): Individual three-hour exam about conceptual approaches in IO literature.
Research paper (40%): Individual research paper of 3000 words on a self-defined essay topic.
- Internal and external examiner. External examiner grades a selection of the papers.
- The course comprises lectures and seminars. Lectures are weekly and last 2x45min. Seminars last 2x45.