Ansvarlig fakultet:Fakultet for realfag og teknologi
Emneansvarlig:Odd Ivar Lekang
Campus / nettbasert:Undervises campus Ås
Forventet arbeidsmengde:187,5 hours total work load
Undervisnings- og vurderingsperiode:Emnet starter i høstparallellen. Emnet har undervisning/vurdering i høstparallellen, .
Om dette emnet
The course will allow student to identify hazards and to discuss how processing, distribution and consumer handling will influence safety and health effects of aquatic food. Relevant biological and chemical hazards in aquatic food are presented including pathogenic bacteria, viruses, parasites, aquatic biotoxins, histamine/biogenic amines and industrial and environmental contaminants. Quantitative microbial ecology, mathematical modelling and software are included for evaluation and management of hazards during processing and distribution of aquatic food to the end-consumers. Functional aquatic food components (omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin D, proteins/peptides, taurine, selenium, iodine, chitosan, antioxidants, polysaccharides, macro algae) and their beneficial human health effects are presented and evaluated in relation to regulations, health claims and risk benefit analysis.
The course includee-learning with webinars and it is important that students have access to Internet and can be reached by e-mail.
Dette lærer du
- The course will include lectures that could be followed online on web or as recorded files. In addition there will be exercises to solve.
- Course literature: Text books and selected articles including: Assessment and management of seafood safety and quality, FAO Fisheries Technical Paper no. 444. (www.fao.org/docrep/006/y4743e/y4743e00.htm) Luten, J. (ed) Marine functional foods. Wageningen Academic Publishers, Wageningen, The Netherlands, 2009
- Bachelor degree in for instance enginering, biology, chemistry, food, animal husbandry, aquaculture, fishery.
- Written exam (3 hours), The language shall be English.
- Ekstern sensor deltar sammen med intern sensor ved utformingen av eksamensoppgavene og sensorveiledningen. Ekstern sensor kontrollerer intern sensors vurdering av et tilfeldig utvalg kandidater som en kalibrering med visse mellomrom i henhold til instituttets retningslinjer for sensur.
- Two mandatory reports/group work must be passed before exam. The language shall be English.
- Part of the AQ-food cooperation with NTNU and UoI. The course is given by representatives from the three universities in the program. The course is e-learning and can be followed on web. Odd-Ivar Lekang will be the local responsible and is available for questions.
- Structured lectures 24 hours, guided working with exercieses 20 hours,