English course information
Søk etter andre emner
Velg annet år
Viser emneinfo for studieåret 2022 - 2023.
Emneansvarlige: Astrid Charlotta Levay
Ansvarlig fakultet: Handelshøyskolen
Undervises på språk: EN
Begrensning antall plasser:
Undervises i periode:
This course starts in the spring parallel. This course has teaching/evaluation in the spring parallel.
Første gang: Studieår 2021-2022
Fortrinnsrett: Bachelor students in Business Administration with specialization in Economy and Sustainability Management.
Undervises hvor?: Campus Ås
Dette emnet blir kun gitt på engelsk, og da er teksten i emnebeskrivelsen i hovedsak på engelsk.
The course provides an introduction to leadership for sustainability. It recognises the formidable challenges facing anybody who attempts to question established practices, mindsets, and power structures. It explores the potential role of individual and collective leadership in promoting sustainability in organisations and business sectors. The focus is on alternative, ‘post-heroic’ approaches to leadership and management, especially shared and distributed leadership to address ‘wicked problems’ relating to sustainability challenges. Students are introduced to contrasting perspectives and train to apply them to practical contexts and situations. Students thus prepare for the complexities of leading sustainability initiatives among contemporary organisations.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge and insight into the perspectives, theories, and concepts that are presented throughout the course.
- Show awareness of the challenges involved in promoting sustainability in different organisational contexts.
- Display a theoretically informed and nuanced understanding of the role of leadership processes in advancing sustainability goals.
- Show ability to apply contrasting perspectives of sustainability leadership to specific issues.
- Demonstrate ability to develop critical, reflective perspectives to sustainability leadership.
- Show capacity to analyse and suggest solutions to practical problems using course concepts.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate in English on complex issues, both verbally and in writing.
- Can work both individually and as a member of a group to analyse and resolve complex problems.
- Can read and understand social science articles and use them to analyse multifaceted social phenomena.
Lectures, seminars, written group assignment and group presentation.
Hull, R. B., Robertson, D. P., & Mortimer, M. (2020). Leadership for Sustainability: Strategies for Tackling Wicked Problems. Washington: Island Press.
Course pack with articles and book chapters available online and/or from Boksmia.
Students should have completed one year of university studies.
Attendance at the first lecture and active participation in all seminars. Students must pass the seminars before taking the exam.
Combined assessment. A group assignment that counts 30 % and an individual written exam (3,5) that counts 70%. The group assignment and the exam must be written in English.
An external examiner will assess the curriculum and principles for evaluation. Grades will be set by the teacher.
Students must apply for this course within 20th of January 2023. Maximum 60 students can be enrolled in this course. If there are available seats after 20th of January, we will open the course until the course is fully booked.
Minimum requirements for entrance to higher education in Norway (generell studiekompetanse)
4 hours lectures or seminars per week.
Hjelpemidler ved skriftlig eksamen(er): A1 Ingen kalkulator, ingen andre hjelpemidler
Eksamensdetaljer: Samlet vurdering: Bokstavkarakterer