Emnet kan ha endringer på grunn av koronarestriksjoner. Se Canvas og StudentWeb for info.
Viser emneinfo for studieåret 2021 - 2022.
Emneansvarlige: Thore Larsgård
Ansvarlig fakultet: Handelshøyskolen
Undervises på språk: EN
Undervises i periode:
This course starts in spring parallel. This course has teaching/evaluation in spring parallel.
Første gang: Studieår 2021-2022
Dette emnet blir kun gitt på engelsk, og da oppgis emnebeskrivelsen kun på engelsk.
The course provides an introduction to leadership for sustainability. It recognises the formidable challenges facing anybody who attempts to question established practices, mindsets, and power structures. It explores the potential role of individual and collective leadership in promoting sustainability in organisations and business sectors. The focus is on alternative, ‘post-heroic’ approaches to leadership and management, such as critical leadership theory, institutional entrepreneurship, shared leadership, and theories of ‘organised hypocrisy’ or ‘functional stupidity’. Students are introduced to contrasting perspectives and train to apply them to practical contexts and situations. Students thus prepare for the complexities of leading sustainability initiatives among contemporary organisations.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge and insight into the perspectives, theories, and concepts that are presented throughout the course.
- Show awareness of the challenges involved in promoting sustainability in different organisational contexts.
- Display a theoretically informed and nuanced understanding of the role of leadership processes in advancing sustainability goals.
- Show ability to apply contrasting perspectives of sustainability leadership to specific issues.
- Demonstrate ability to develop critical, reflective perspectives to sustainability leadership.
- Show capacity to analyse and suggest solutions to practical problems using course concepts.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate in English on complex issues, both verbally and in writing.
- Can work both individually and as a member of a group to analyse and resolve complex problems.
- Can read and understand social science articles and use them to analyse multifaceted social phenomena.
Lectures, seminars, individual hand-ins, written group assignment and group presentation.
A collection of chapters and journal articles. Literature list will be presented before the start of the semester.
Students should have completed one year of university studies.
Written hand-ins and active participation in seminars and group presentation.
Combined assessment. A group assignment that counts 30 % and a 30 hours individual take-home exam that counts 70 %. The group assignment and the take-home exam must be written in English.
An external examiner will assess the curriculum and principles for evaluation. Grades will be set by the teacher.
4 lectures or seminars per week.
Eksamensdetaljer: Samlet vurdering: A - E / Ikke bestått