Step 1) Nomination
You will receive an automatic email confirming your nomination as an NMBU exchange student, and another email with a password for entering the application portal.
Step 2) Register your application
Register your application in the application portal SøknadsWeb. Before you register your application, please read the following information carefully:
Course Numbering System and Teaching Periods in the Academic Year
Language requirements: NMBU offers courses taught in English and Norwegian. The English courses require minimum English level B2 (CEFR), and the Norwegian courses require documented fluency in Norwegian, Swedish or Danish. Students should choose courses relevant to their academic background and make sure they meet the course prerequisites before applying. Teaching language and course prerequisites are specified in each course description in our course catalogue.
Step 3) Online Learning Agreement (OLA)
All students coming on exchange through Erasmus+ must complete a Learning Agreement. This is a contract that must be signed by the student, the home university and NMBU.
From spring 2021 OLA will be mandatory for all incoming Erasmus+ exchange students, and all the signatures will be digital.
Information and creation of OLA
Step 4) Upload documents
Please upload the following documents to your application profile - Søknadsweb before the application deadlines:
- Official academic transcripts in English (Official transcript is not just a print out, but an official document signed and approved by your home university.
- If you are a master student, please upload your bachelor transcripts too, not only results from your master program.
- French students also need to download academic transcripts in English from their classe préparatoire).
- A list of the course you are registered in the current semester - this will, together with your transcripts - give us an idea and more complete picture of your academic background (unofficial list).
- Copy of passport/ID card.
When all documents are uploaded to Søknadsweb they will appear on your profile under the window "my documents", and your application is complete.
Step 5) Deadline and decisions
OLA and all documents must be created and uploaded before:
- 1 June (Autumn semester: Aug/Sept - Dec)
- 1 October (Spring semester: Jan/Feb - May/June)
When to expect decisions:
- Autumn semester applications: within 1 July.
- Spring semester applications: within 15 November.
Admission to courses is confirmed by OLA, and you receive a digital letter of admission from NMBU.
If you have any questions, please contact: