Course responsible:Marina Elisabeth Aspholm, Ann-Katrin Llarena
Nominal workload:40 hours
Teaching and exam period:The course starts in Fall semester. This course has teaching/evaluation in Fall semester
About this course
The course will provide the student with basic knowledge about biosecurity in veterinary medicine.
After completing the course the student should:
- Know the principles of biosecurity.
- Understand how the principles of biosecurity can be used in practice.
- Possess a responsible attitude to biosecurity and prevention of infections.
- The course ends with a presentation and plenary discussion where the course supervisors are present and the students can ask questions. The course coordinator is available throughout the course and can be reached by email.
- Completed 1-9. semester of the Vveterinary Medicine Program
Presence of lectures and participation in plenary discussions (signed attendance)
Contribution in group assignment
Lectures, group assignments and plenary discussions are mandatory.
Rules for absence: Up to 20% absence is accepted. Absence of more than 20% requires a medical certificate in order to obtain a customized arrangement enabling the student to pass the course within the fall semester. If the absence exceeds 20% without a medical certificate, the course must be retaken the following year.
Requirements for own equipment
- 25 hours
- Passed / Not Passed
- Admitted to the Veterinary Medicine Program and completed 1-9. semester of the Veterinary Medicine Program