Course responsible:Irina Nikolskaja Roddvik
Campus / Online:Taught campus Ås
Nominal workload:125 hours.
Teaching and exam period:This course starts in spring parallel. This course has teaching/evaluation in spring parallel.
About this course
The course covers basic concepts and theories in marketing, with an emphasis on the consumer market.
- Marketing, marketing management and marketing planning
- Marketing Plan, segmentation, relationships, product concept
- Price, marketing communications and marketing network
- Brands, brand architecture, brand communication and brand management
- The purchasing process, consumer attitudes and buying behavior in businesses
- Factors affecting the business, market knowledge
Knowledge: The student has a basic understanding of the marketing process, familiarity with key concepts, theories and methods of marketing, and are familiar with examples of marketing in some firms.
Skills: The student can find, assess and refer to information relevant to marketing and present this so that it sheds light on basic issues in marketing. The student can participate in the solution of simple marketing challenges in practice.
General competence: The student can apply marketing knowledge and skills individually and in cooperation with others, and is able to reflect and think critically about basic marketing issues.
- On campus lectures. Group project which is a part of the grading in the course. Seminars for guidance with the group project.
- 3 hours final written on-campus exam which counts 100% of the grade.
- An external examiner will assess the curriculum and the exam. Grades will be set by the internal examiner or an external examiner.
Participation in group based marketing simulation game is mandatory.
Participation in and submission of the term project is mandatory.
- Lectures and seminars minimum 26 hours
- 5 ECTS overlap with AOS120F and AOS121-B.
- Letter grades
- Minimum requirements for entrance to higher education in Norway (generell studiekompetanse)