The programme prepares students for a wide range of positions related to conventional and organic agriculture and food, e.g., within the advisory service, development projects, industry sales and technical support, management of agricultural and natural resources, environmental protection, research and education.
Some examples of relevant positions include:
- Extension agent
- Advisor- Tine (a Norwegian dairy company)
- Land management officer
- Organic Crops Specialist
- Environmental Planning Analyst
- Environmental Consultant
- Agricultural Stewardship Coordinator
- Co-ordinator /Network builder
- The Food Project: Grants manager, farmer’s market manager, public relations manager
- Community supported agriculture/Farmer’s market coordinator
- Project manager: Healthy Food, Healthy Schools and Healthy Communities
- Communications Specialist
- Network Facilitator
- PhD project with Norsk senter for bygdeforskning : “Public dialogue on genetically modified food-communication between conflicting actors about a stigmatised technology"
- PhD project with the Norwegian Crop Research Institute: “Organic cropping systems for higher and more stable yields”.
- Soil/Water conservation projects
- Assist. Executive Director, Organic Farming Research Foundation
- Senior Soil Resources Officer
- Water Resources Management Officer
- FAO: Plant protection officer
- FAO: Food safety officer
- Research Scientist
- Project leader responsible for research work relating to organic farming for the Norwegian Department of Agriculture
- Agriculture education coordinator
- Training manager, within the Agricultural Cooperatives in Norway
There are many opportunities available for Agroecology graduates. To aid students in their career paths, we recommend that students get practical work experience and volunteer during their study period. There are many internship programmes worldwide, and many interesting organisations where it is possible to volunteer. It may be possible to combine work experience with the thesis project. Practical work helps students to network within the professional community, clarify career goals and enhance their people skills.