EIE280 Land rights
Viser emneinfo for studieåret 2016 - 2017.
Emneansvarlige: Einar Anders Hegstad
Medvirkende: Erling Berge
Ansvarlig fakultet: Fakultet for landskap og samfunn
Undervises på språk: NO
Undervises i periode:
Første gang: Studieår 2015-2016
Fortrinnsrett: M-EIE, M-BYREG, M-EUTV, M-LA.
- Property rights and land tenure in an international perspective
- Balance between public and private rights in land
- Applications of theory of property rights and institutions
- Different types of property rights arrangements: private, public, collective, mixed and other
- Continuum of land rights - formal, customary, informal, etc.
- Different land management and administration systems
- Innovative tools for land governance and secure tenure
- Land markets and land reforms
- Global issues and property rights ¿ intersection with climate change, conflict, global political economy, urbanization, natural resource management, etc.
After completing the class the students shall:
- Know basic English concepts and a theoretical foundation for studying and analyzing land tenure and property rights
- Know contemporary issues in the international debate on property rights and land reform
- Understand the multidimensional nature of property rights
- Understand basis for different land management and administration systems
Lectures, small group exercises - casework or discussions, team work with presentation, game sessions as well as personal guidance and independent studying
.approx. 300 pages of required reading (the list will be presented in Fronter)
Learning diary in English-language (two sets of questions), presentation of the teamwork, participation in the game session, approx. 300 pages of required reading (the list will be presented in mid December)
Essay in English-language graded A-F
Studiepoengreduksjon: 5 sp ved bestått EDS280
Eksamensdetaljer: Langsgående vurdering: A - E / Ikke bestått