Ansvarlig fakultet:Fakultet for landskap og samfunn
Campus / nettbasert:Undervises campus Ås
Forventet arbeidsmengde:125 timer
Undervisnings- og vurderingsperiode:Emnet har undervisning i høstparallell i to perioder: 9 - 13 oktober og 13 - 17 november. Vurdering i høstparallell.
Om dette emnet
Dette lærer du
- become familiar with key elements of the methodological part of research design in a PhD project.
- acquire an informed basis for choosing and combining different methods used in social science and interdisciplinary research.
- Become familiar with the implications of methodological choices in projects based on single and mixed methods.
- acquire a basic understanding of main characteristics of qualitative research.
- Participation in classes is essential in this course. It adopts a participatory approach in that the lecturers and students work inter actively. The course consists of lectures by teachers, discussions and presentations by course participants. Students are also required to read and actively use the literature in the reading list, and must write two short papers (a note on method use and a reflection note) in relation to the course
- Discussions and feedback between students, course responsible, and participating staff.
- Selected articles and bookchapters.
- Participants must hold a Master´s degree or equivalent. They must also have been admitted to a PhD programme, and have formulated a research proposal which can be further developed.
- Master degree based in either social or interdisciplinary science with a focus on development-oriented problems. Participants must have initiated their PhD studies.
- Continuous evaluation. Two written assignments; a preliminary note on planned method use in the participants' PhD projects, and a final reflection note based on insight from the course on methodological choices regarding the design of the PhD projects. Grading: pass / fail. English only.
- Evaluation setup to be approved by external examiner.
- Participation in lectures is mandatory.
- 30 hours of lectures, seminars and guidance.
- Bestått/ Ikke bestått
- The participants must have initiated their PhD studies (be admitted to a PhD programme) and have formulated a research proposal which can be further developed during the course.