Course responsible:Sigrid Marie Gjøtterud
Campus / Online:Taught campus Ås
Teaching language:Engelsk, norsk
Limits of class size:22
Course frequency:When needed
Nominal workload:The course hours are set at 25 hours at meetings, 25 hours are set for preparation, planning, implementation and reflection on supervision of master's and / or PhD students. 75 hours are set aside for reading course literature, management documents, and writing an essay. A total of 125h.
Teaching and exam period:Teaching in spring parallel and assessment in June block
About this course
- Can provide examples of and discuss key topics, theories, issues, processes, tools and methods related to the supervision of master's and PHD students
- Can provide examples of research and development work in the field of guidance in higher education
- can assess and use relevant strategies and methods for supervision of master's and PhD students that promote ethical awareness, critical thinking, creativity and independence
- can update their knowledge within the subject area
- can analyze relevant guidance ethical issues
- can communicate about and discuss supervision issues with colleagues and students
- can contribute to innovation in the organization and implementation of master's and PHD supervision at its own faculty and at the university
- Lectures, sharing experiences, discussions, colleague supervision and reflective essay.
- Peer guidance and feedback on assignments.
- Some guidance experience, preferably at masters and/or PhD level.
- Experience with supervision of master's and / or PhD students is an advantage. It is also an advantage to have completed the basic course in university pedagogy.
Essay 3500 - 4000 words.
Essay is to be submitted 3 week after the last gathering
Grade: Pass/not pass
- External examiner approves assignment text and censors all answers.
- Preparation: paper about supervising experience, submitted before course start..
- Between gatherings: Planning, conducting and reflection about a supervision session, submitted before second gathering.
- Minimum 75% attendance in the teaching.
- 2 sessions of 2 days at 09.00 - 15.00
Academic emplyees who either supervise master's and / or PhD students
Employees who are to apply for promotion to professor or will apply for merit on the basis of teaching
Academic employees with at least 25% position at NMBU
- Passed / Not Passed
- The course is primarily for employees at NMBU and has registration deadlines that do not necessarily follow the academic calendar.