Course responsible:Hans Erik Lefdal
Campus / Online:Taught campus Ås
Limits of class size:Minimum 8 and maximum 24
Nominal workload:Nominal workload is 25 hours pr. credit.
Teaching and exam period:This course has teaching/evaluation in January Block, Spring Parallel and Autumn Parallel.
About this course
Target groups: Supervisors and advisers in the higher education sector and teachers in NMBU's university schools, partnership schools and partner schools in DEKOMP, which have supervision tasks for teacher students and newly qualified teachers.
Requirements for supervision competence for practice teachers in teacher education: The requirements are described in national guidelines for teacher education, in the Vocational Training Promise and UDIR's supervision of newly qualified teachers.
PPVE200 15. ECTS. is part 1 of a supervisor education of a total of 30 ECTS. Part 2 is the subject PPVE210, 15 ECTS.
Topics: Guidance strategies and skills, including communication, listening and advocacy skills. The starting point for the supervisor training is the goals, law and planning of the education and training in question. The supervisor training shall be linked to the target groups' work tasks and their need for competence development.
- Lectures, group work, practical training, assignments from the practical training subject area, exercises, independent work. Gatherings on campus and practice in school are documented in relevant literature.
- The students will receive counselling of the compulsory activities by peer students and teachers.
- Works with counselling in higher education or as a teacher in secondary school or high school.
Individual, written reflection document.
- An external examiner will approve the examination assignment and assess the reflection document.
Three individual written logs on guiding.
- The course consists of 3 whole days and 3 half days of teaching.
- Passed / Not Passed