Course responsible:Torgeir Rhodén Hvidsten
Campus / Online:Taught campus Ås
Course frequency:Spring and autumn parallell
Nominal workload: 25 hours Individual work: 20 hours, supervision: 5 hours
Individual work: 20 hours, supervision: 5 hours
Teaching and exam period:Continuous teaching and assessment
About this course
After completion, the PhD-candidate has demonstrated ability to present own scientific work on a poster and in a poster session for a larger conference audience.
The candidate will learn to
- Present own results in a poster-format
- Edit and shorten long texts without losing content
- Become comfortable with editorial presentation programs
- Explain and discuss the poster with a variable audience of passing-by unknown scientists and be able to improvise and hypothesize
- To prepare and present a scientific poster based on one's own research at a conference.
- The PhD candidate's supervisor(s)
The poster and documentation for attendance (or the presenterlist) from the conference is uploaded to the PhD-studentens shared PhD-folder.
Passed / failed
- External examiner approves the arrangement of the course and the assessment system
- PHD-KBM, PHD-IKBM
- Passed / Not Passed
- Admission to the PhD.-programme Life and Food Sciences at KBM